Wednesday 29 April 2015

UK lifer at Holme Dunes

Great that Jen is working at Holme Dunes as I have told her to let me know if anything drops in.

She has not quite mastered the art having casually remarked after dinner one night that a Black Kite and White Tailed Eagle had been seen!

However, on this particular Friday she called to say that she had been busy with birders coming to see the 9 Ring Ouzels that had been reported that day and that warden Gary said they were still there.

Working up in Norfolk does mean I can shoot out after work so was there by 5.45.

As always I seemed to see everything but!

However, a sandy clearing half way along had four birds and just caught a glance of my first UK Rinh Ouzel as they flew off! Frustrating but still great. I walked for another 10 minutes before spying three on bush tops about 50m away.

It was a bit windy and birds were not very stationary but I did get a few shots.


Dave The Fish came up for the weekend and I got him to dust off his binos and he even managed to get a quick view of a lovely male to give him a lifer too!







No comments:

Post a Comment